We all know the female 1-10 attractiveness scale (link), a way to quickly describe how attracted you are to a girl.
The female attractiveness scale is easy because women only have one area that is attractive to men: looks. That girl is cute but has no curves? a 7. That girl is almost cute, would be attractive if she just changed this one detail? a 6. That girl is both pretty and has a nice body, I wouldn’t have any complaints looks-wise if I married her? an 8.
But what about men?
We have 3 areas that are attractive to women: looks, money and status. So what is a male 8? is it just a very handsome dude or does money and status have anything to do with the score? In this post I’ll attempt to define it.
It’s way easier to divide men in the top 20% and the bottom 80% (the have’s and the have-nots) because women ignore the bottom 80% and go for the top 20%, but let’s give the 1-10 scale a try
These guys are either invisible to women or if one makes a move, it would be considered harassment. These are the homeless, really overweight guys, really skinny dudes with goatees or lame facial hair that makes them look creepy, IT/comics neckbeards, anime heads who don’t shower, etc, you get the picture. The 5s usually just get friendzoned.
If we go by the same principles as the female attractiveness scale, then a 6 would be a guy who is the preference for a certain girl, but all others friendzone him.
This means that he’s not “universally attractive”, but there’s something about him that certain girls like, some degree of money, status or certain looks (ex: latinas prefer white guys). This is still part of the bottom 80%, but some girls who are 6s or lower may be into male 6s.
This is where unattractive, boring guys *with a job* fall in. Girls who are 30+ will marry them just for provisioning, but if the girl thinks she’s a 7 or more, she’ll control the relationship and will always be deeply unsatisfied.
This is where the great divide starts: the top 20%. I would say a man is a 7 when:
- He can sustain an upper-middle class lifestyle as a single man
- He is in decent shape (not overweight or weirdly skinny)
- Is not socially awkward (can game girls into bed)
- He is naturally handsome and in good shape
- Has very good game thanks to years of experience
Basically a natural nerd (implicit that he has a career) with no major weight or socially awkwardness issues, someone “normal” or a natural Chad who peaked in high school (no future) but still preserves good looks and charm.
My guiding principle is that an 8 is ideal marriage material for the common person (a common person is someone who is not famous, rich or has model-level looks), so I would consider a male 8 a man who:
- Is in good shape
- Generates (at least) enough income to support an upper-middle class lifestyle for a family of 4
- Has solid social skills (can game 7s into bed)
Basically either a natural chad who makes good money or a natural nerd who got in good shape and learned game (Implicit that the chad is in shape and knows game and that the nerd makes good money, Chads that peaked on high school and nerds who are poor in adulthood are not 8s by any measure).
9s are the big leagues. I would say a male 9 is a man who has at least one of these:
- Can make a living off their looks (model or actor)
- Is rich – the usual number for financial independence is 25X anual cost of living, but FI does not necessarily means rich. To be considered rich you would not be living a frugal lifestyle of spending the minimum, you should calculate this based on your ideal lifestyle. A common method is to get your anual bare bones cost of living (just survive) and multiply it by 25 to get your FI number. Then multiply your FI number by 5 to get your “luxury living” number, that’s rich.
- Is famous, a politician or a CEO of a Fortune 500 company
Additionally to being one of these, you should also have the other two areas in the 8th level. This means that if you’re rich, you should also be in shape and have solid social skills to be considered a 9.
Similar to the female attractiveness scale, 10 is perfection, meaning it’s all about preference (a 9 of her type). In here though, we can have more detail since we have three areas instead of one:
- If the girl is poor, a 10 for her would be a 9 who is rich
- If the girl is middle class, a 10 for her would be a 9 who is high status (for some reason the middle class is obsessed with status)
- If the girl was born rich, a 10 for her would be a 9 with model-level looks
The issue I see with this scale is that, knowing that hypergamy makes girls date up, you may be tempted to think “Ok, I would need to be an 8 to date 7s”.
I would say it’s normal to be a male 8 and have a girlfriend who is an 8, but for a rotation it’s different. In that case I would say that you would need to be a male 8 to have a rotation of 7s.
New Readers: my eBook “The Game of Casual Dating: Social Skills to Meet and Date Beautiful Women” is a guide that will teach you how to go from getting 0 girls to meeting, dating and sleeping with girls you find attractive by building a solid foundation of social skills. No rehearsed lines, no deceiving, no sketchy tricks. Just pure skill and female psychology knowledge.
Photo Credits: Brooke Cagle